Welcome to my blog! Be sure to become a follower:)

Read & Look here for sneak-peaks and stories from my latest shoots!

Like me

Angel ..love Everlasting.

As a photographer capturing people moments and memories is my job and I truly love every second of it. Every now and then I have the chance to do something that captures the moment but also helps a person to cherish and document a special time in their life. Knowing Angel for many years made me want to give her this gift. I understand what I difficult time this is for her and her family, but I still wanted to capture the beautiful glow of her pregnancy. What was even more special were the items that Angel brought to her shoot to help her include her husband Chad in the session. She brought along his ring, his shirt, his hat, ribbon from their wedding day all of which were incorporated in these images. Even though someone may not be with us during a special time in our lives, they are always looking over us. Angel, your positive nature and your unbelievable strength is inspiring and I will always remember the time we spent together capturing these images. I look forward to capturing your little guy over the years to come. Written below is a blog entry by my wonderful blog writer Katie Bickell and best friend of Angel so I felt it fitting that she share her story.






The Strength of a Mother’s Love
Angel’s Maternity Session
Written by Katie Bickell

By now I’m sure most reading this are familiar with the tragedy that my dear friend, Angel Janke, is experiencing. At thirty-one weeks pregnant with their first child, Angel lost her beloved husband, Chad, in a camping accident.
For her, and the many that love her, the last few weeks have been surreal, terrible, overwhelming. They have also been weeks of incredible generosity and love. And they have been weeks that epitomize divine strength.
I have been in awe of Angel’s serenity during this unbearable time. Already maternal before her son’s birth, Angel proves that a “mother’s love, a mother’s instinct, is greater than grief.” She’s already a great mommy, and has realized “when you’re a mom, you no longer have the luxury of falling apart.” But driving her to stay healthy even more than her pregnancy is her feeling of deep gratitude. As she expressed at her husband’s memorial,

“I am sad, and I am mourning.
But in the same breath, I feel so incredibly blessed to have had five and half years to spend with my soul mate, my best friend: A man who I loved with all my heart…
Every time I see a picture of him. I see a smile that melts my heart, eyes that make me fall deeper in love, and a man who is looking down on me, sending me his love and strength. I feel so grateful to be carrying his son; through Vinly, a piece of Chad will always be with me. This comforts me, and I do not feel alone.”

Despite her loss, Angel remains joyous of her pregnancy, in love with her unborn son Vinly. And so, when offered a complimentary maternity shot by Trisha Fiddler Poitras of Live Love Laugh Photography, she knew it would be a beautiful way to preserve this sad, but awe-inspiring time of her life.

Having a special moment captured by Trisha

Angel felt at peace after her photo shoot with Trisha. Amidst the warm, beautiful backdrop of Live Love Laugh Photography’s recently acquired studio, Trisha shared her own experiences with Angel, and “even gave me some very good tips about dealing with cranky babies!”
The session, while poignant, was one filled with “smiles, laughter and fun.” In Angel’s own words,
“(Trisha) really understands that a person can feel self-conscious and vulnerable… (but she) has a warm and bubbly personality, and she even cranks up the heat so that your nice and warm even though you’re in your undies! You can tell that this is more than just a job for Trisha; she is so passionate about it… Thank you, Trisha, for the beautiful shots that I will cherish for a lifetime.”
To Vinly, from Mom
Vinly, My lil’ Man,

You were conceived with such complete love.
We wished for you with all our hearts, want you still, and will treasure you forever.
You are our miracle, a piece of your father, and my reason to be strong.
I can't wait to meet you.
I will always be here for you, from the first breath you take.
I can’t wait to tell you a story about a man who loved you so much without ever seeing your face.
I can't wait to kiss your little feet and hold you in my arms,
To watch you grow and dream and play.
I will laugh with you,
Smile with you,
Sing to you.
I promise to colour with you,
Play in the dirt and splash in puddles,
Catch frogs and bugs and fish.
I’ll push you on a swing,
And teach you to ride a bike.
I’ll take you camping.
I will be there to pick you up and dust you off when you fall.
I will kiss your boo-boos; I’ll wipe away your tears.
I’ll read you stories,
And tuck you in and kiss you good night.
I promise to love you forever.
And I’ll be the best Mom that I can be,
Because you are mine, and I am yours.
Love now, forever and always,
Mom xoxo
Fundraising Note:
In these tragic circumstances, Angel and her son have been left with great financial need as Chad had limited life insurance. If you would like to make a donation to this young mother-to-be, you can ask any bank teller, at any banking institution, to send funds to Angel Janke’s bank account at Scotia Bank. You can also send money via email transfer to adestiny@live.com
Live Love Laugh Photography and Young Mum Freelance have also teamed up in an additional fundraising effort. Katie Bickell of Young Mum Freelance has written a book, Sunbeams, dedicated to Vinly Janke. Sunbeams celebrates the eternal, undying love a father has for his children. Paired with stunning photographic illustrations by Trisha Fiddler Poitras of Live Love Laugh Photography, the book is a beautiful keepsake for anyone with a father in Heaven, who needs reminding that they are loved. 100% of profits from Sunbeams will be donated to Angel and Vinly Janke. You can purchase the book via the links below:
On the Live Love Laugh Photography Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/trishaslivelovelaughphotography?sk=app_135607783795
On the Young Mum Freelance Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/Young.Mum.Freelance?sk=app_135607783795
On the Young Mum blog:
http://youngmum-katiemul.blogspot.com

1 comments:

Andrea said...

This is so beautiful - Angel, know that you are in the hearts and prayers of many. May love hold you up today and in all the days to come,

Blessings,
Andrea

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

search by month: